- Money ~ Blockchain-based digital currencies; novel barter platforms; peer-to-peer technologies;
- Markets ~ Wisdom of crowds & prediction markets; fraud meets flash crashes; network-enabled markets; Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs);
- Transactions & Marketplaces ~ Marketplace stack of identity, reputation, marketplace, money; the foundation of assets over IP; how blockchain, mobile platforms and digital currencies give inclusive access;
- Infrastructure ~ Identity, Security & Privacy challenges; cybersecurity; anti-money laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) rules;
- AI & Emerging Technologies ~ Understanding the impacts of artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies on financial services.
28 October 2018
Future Commerce ~ Fall 2018 H2 Seminar...
This Tuesday 10/30/2018 from 1-2:30pm is the introductory kickoff class session of our half-semester 6-unit Future Commerce seminar in the MIT Media Lab room E14-244. Please spread the word! Listeners & cross-registrants welcome. We explore emerging technologies that will transform financial services. Our top thematic areas include: