- "I think this super committee is about as dumb an idea as Washington has come up with in my lifetime." -- Gingrich
- "It's a punt. I mean, it's one more occasion where Congress has basically punted, kicked the can down the road, use what metaphor you want." -- Zakaria
- "The downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges ... (we are) pessimistic" -- Standard & Poor
- "[Obama's] done nothing. It is another example of failed leadership." -- Romney
- "Cutting $1.2 trillion over 10 years is chicken feed. What it really needs to do is cut $1.2 trillion per year. This shows how unserious politicians are about our very serious debt problems,” -- Paul
- "Any serious blueprint to reduce the national debt -- now $15 trillion -- requires both more revenue and brakes on automatic spending" -- Cleveland Plain-Dealer
- "The next step? Split the differences down the middle and end up with a $1.6 billion package that is 65 percent based on spending cuts and 35 percent on tax increases -- or at least something in that neighborhood." -- Baltimore Sun
25 November 2011
Supercommittee ~ Are Oxymorons Running US?
The oxymoronic Supercommittee delivered as expected... Failure. Among the choicer commentary...