Alan Murray at CIO Network
interviews X-Prize founder and Abundance author Peter Diamandis
on Eight Technologies Are Making the World Better
"We’re literally at the knee-curve of a massive explosion of innovation. [...] The gap between the wealthiest and the poorest people may well increase, but that the definition of poverty will keep changing, much as it has over the last 100 years. He noted that 99% of the poorest people in the U.S. have amenities that the wealthiest people of 100 years ago couldn’t imagine. “It’s not about creating a world of luxury, but of creating a world of possibility" [...] I think it’s an amazing world."
P.S. The Diamandis Eight...
- Biotech ~ Everyday editing of life;
- Computational Systems ~ Modeling everything;
- Networks & Sensors ~ Embedding for understanding;
- Artificial Intelligence ~ Personal super-assistants;
- Robotics ~ Automating ever-more activities;
- Digital Manufacturing ~ 3D printing all objects;
- Medical Technology ~ Anticipatory diagnostics;
- Nanotechnology ~ Materializing tomorrow.
Bring them on!
Post a Comment