- Public Intellectual Society -- How improve ourselves and society by designing, building, and improving human ecosystems;
- Impact at Scale -- How change world, elevate game for us all, meaning hundreds of millions of people;
- Media Enables -- Designing and building tools for linking humanity. Software and networks are incredibly powerful;
- Commerce is Good -- Economic engine drives growth and endures;
- Learning from Ventures -- First company begat better followers;
- Platforms, Networks, Marketplaces -- What to invest in and build;
- LinkedIn as Live-Case Study -- Most well-known exemplar of themes;
- as Platform: LinkedIn Skills -- App that's usefully enabled mashup;
- as Network: LinkedIn Today -- People w/ ID, connected, ultra-custom of professional relevance;
- as Marketplace -- Talent liquidity via transparency and reputation leads to tremendous productivity boost for society;
- Self Regulation Layers -- Explicit and implicit reputation, permission, empowerment;
- Career Ladder is Broken -- Old world metaphor, change too fast and different. Must be more adaptable. Everyone an entrepreneur!
- Startup of You -- Reid's new book, you need to operate as business of yourself!
18 July 2011
100 Million People ~ Hoffman on Having Impact
LinkedIn's Reid Hoffman speaks now at the Media Lab on How to Benefit 100 Million People: Designing and Building Human Ecosystems for Networks and Marketplaces. Key themes...