- Unsafe and totally inadequate bicycle lanes;
- Hazardous & poorly designed intersections;
- Unenforced speeding, red light, & cross-walk rules;
- Minimalist punishment of traffic & safety violations;
- Total absence of driver safety culture;
- Rampant road-rage & driving-while-distracted;
- Missing traffic intersection video recording & tracking;
- Inadequately strict driver-fault liability rules;
- Too few indictments, scarce convictions, & liberal sentences;
- And more.
28 December 2011
Killed by Incompetence ~ Latest MIT Death...
Very sad to hear MIT alumnus Phyo Kyaw was slaughtered Tuesday 12/27/2011 by a criminally careless truck driver while riding his bicycle at Mass Ave and Vassar. While this death is quite tragic -- and ought to be a capital case against the truck driver and a bankrupting civil case against the liable owner -- it's also a direct consequence of gross incompetence and complete safety neglect on the part of urban planners, traffic engineers, lawless drivers, absent or uncaring police, AWOL lawmakers, and for those rare court cases, spineless judges. Specifically, we have in Cambridge and Massachusetts today...