"My patients were those who had gone home to die. Some incredibly special times were shared. I was with them for the last three to twelve weeks of their lives. [...] When questioned about any regrets they had or anything they would do differently, common themes surfaced again and again."These are the most frequent:
- I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I didn't work so hard.
- I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
"Life is a choice. It is YOUR life. Choose consciously, choose wisely, choose honestly. Choose happiness."